Sourdough

I tend to forget my sourdough recipes; so I decided to not only note them down but also to put them on the net.

Monday 6 August 2012

Oven baking is MUCH better than machine baking

Unsing my Panasonic SD-255 as a mixer, I have been baking some bread loaves in the oven now and I must say: The quality is quite different. The bread which I baked in the oven was much better than the one I baked with the machine. Not only was it much more crunchy on the outside; the texture of the inside was much better too! You can actually see it from the pictures below.

I think that in the future, I will bake more bread in the oven. However, it is good to use the Panasonic SD-255 as a mixer - and just take the dough out before the baking cycle starts, i.e. on the French programme after about 4:45 hours.

1 comment:

  1. While I agree with you (just started to do the same as you - baking in the oven while I still mix everything in my bread baking machine) I still miss the pictures that you promised us here, but kudos, your baguette looks very delic..

    ReplyDelete